View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
AvyQuinn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlauren View Post

Aargh! I'm being an obsessive parent, lol. This is our first ever dog (and we don't have any kids), and I just want to not screw up!!! Oh jeez, I'm going to be such a nutcase, lmao.

I'm sure I'll be leaning on everybody's experience here in the coming weeks and months as I slowly lose my mind. :-)
Gosh.. I could have written this a couple months ago!
I read everything I could get my hands on, watched TV, talked to people, found this place, etc! The fact that you want to do the right thing from the get-go and are concerned like you are already indicates to me that you'll be a good puppy momma.

I take Hiro's crate from room to room with me. If he's napping or sleepy I'm fine to run around the house and do housework or whatever. If he's restless I can't leave the room without him and have him be quiet.

I thought the same thing - take him around the house with me and such. I had to keep an eye on him at all times and when I didn't he would pee somewhere lol I got tired of that REAL fast! (Not to mention he would never sit still for more than a minute lol) From then on I played with him in the kitchen where I feed him and take him for walks to play him out. Don't give too much freedom too fast They have their whole little lives to terrorize your house! It's definately worth being strict during training time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!