View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #13
lirix
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikku View Post
As a breeder, I would take care of the mistake by offering to take the offending puppy back and replacing it with an adequate breeder. I would not fix the mistake by giving the client another dog for free.

If I was Sally and truly loved the first male as anything more than a monetary commodity, I would keep him, cut my financial losses, and not do business with that breeder again.
I somewhat disagree with this. Whoever this breeder is should have taken better care with their puppies. Mistakes such as this one are dangerous for futures litters of Yorkies. Birth defects and handicaps are not something an animal should have to go through period, but much less have to go through because of a simple human error that shouldn't have been made in the first place. Sally has now gotten attached to the male that she bought, and should not have to lose him along with what she already has. The breeder should work with Sally to come to a solution such as finding a suitable stud for only a fraction of the normal price. I don't, however, think that the second puppies should be free. While I don't condone the breeder's carelessness, we all make mistakes and that should be taken into consideration.

As for Sally, I am sorry for the loss of income and the suffering, but if you can't work something out with the breeder, the best thing you can do is, as the quote says, cut your losses and move on while trying to make the best of the situation. If it sadly comes to the point where you have to move, just remember to try and look for a low cost area that can help your business. Find somewhere that Yorkies or the puppies you daycare for are plentiful. Always look for the silver lining, and don't forget that while you might have lost a lot, you've gained a furry friend who will love you no matter what happens. Best of luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!