View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #138
Crestwing
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My vet will not test young puppies as he says it is too hard on the puppy and not accurate at such a young age. He doesn't want to give my Yorkie pups rabies shots until they are 16 weeks old. He said the manufacturers do not even guarantee the shot on puppy under 16 weeks old. In Pa. by law they must have rabies by 12 weeks old. He had to write me a letter and sign it so I could show the dog warden when he came by for inspection. The dog warden says he cannot override what the vet says is best. I have read alot on the over vaccinination also and do believe it does have alot to do with some of the problems in the breeds of dogs. My puppies get 4 shots starting at 7weeks old. My adults are vaccinated with 5 way every 3 yrs. Rose I am so sorry you lost your baby. Some people do not know the sleepless nights waiting for the puppies birth or the one ear attuned even while asleep for the smallest sound of discomfort. The puppy contract should be adhered to by buyer and seller. With guarantee covering genetic health.
Crestwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!