View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Trixter
YT Addict

Default Biting/Attacking

Hi! This is my first post as I am new to the site, and hope to get lots of great tips. Here is my problem. My new "used" dog, Toby, is 1.5 years old And weighs 17 lbs. His first owner gave him up because he "attacked" a neighbor. He then went to a foster home as #9 in a pack of 10 dogs, all breeds and ages for 7 weeks, when I adopted him. He is absolutely adorable and we have had him for 5 weeks. He has been to the vet, all checked out no problems. My husband and I are the only ones in the house,so there is not much chaos.
When anyone comes into the house he barks like mad, jumps on them,Usually at their back and bites. He did this the second night he was with us to a friend who came over. We thought it might be insecurity with new surroundings. He has done it when walking on the street, and it just happened a third time with a neighbor in our fenced in yard.
I am working on socializing him, give treats to strangers, taken him to the dog park,etc. Even spent an hour on a college campus exposing him to people just walking by. I thought we were over this, but everytime is a new situation.
We have always had dogs from puppies this is our first young dog. He shows no other signs of aggression, I can take things out of his mouth etc. Any thoughts or suggestions??
Trixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!