View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Bhikku
YT Addict

I personally have been turned off as a new member by some of the self righteousness I've seen in this forum too. While I haven't encountered anything I've seen that would make me leave, there is way too much "my way or the highway" attitude here for comfort...

There are thousands of people on this forum with an equal number of opinions, none exactly like any of the others. Of course we're going to have disagreements over training methods, pet acquisition ethics, diet, news, and breed standards.

But I've seen more than one thread take a negative turn when someone presents a question or opinion and someone else gives a different opinion with the condescending subtext of, "You should do this this way because So-and-So says and this is the way I do it so obviously it's right and your opinion is wrong, wrong, wrong!!" And then a couple of people jump in on the side of the person attacking, turning it into a mugging.

A little more tolerance for differing perspectives is what I think this forum could use.

If somebody isn't going to answer an OP's original question without some patronizing soapbox commentary or a criticism of how they're acquiring/training/raising their dog, I think they ought to just let it go and not reply at all.

Just my two cents.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!