View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
melrohner
Yorkie Talker

Thanks everyone for the great responses! I guess I should have said that she is not a puppy - she is supposed to be two years old. I say "supposed to be" because I've read so many posts on here about yorkies going through a chewing phase at one year, it makes me wonder if she's not closer to one than two.

I'll try to hit the pet store for bullysticks this weekend. I've never bought them for Ella because they are SO expensive, but I'd rather spend the money than have Kayla destroy everything in the house.

Spr377, I completely agree with you, it is like she has just suddenly become a dog. Or a puppy, with all the chewing and destruction.

Bildio, she is spayed. And thanks for the hopeful response!

Mom4Winston, it sounds like we are very much in the same situation. Does WillowGrace show any of the same behaviors as Kayla as far as chewing and tearing things up? She especially likes paper, but I've seen her chewing on alot of different things.

Wow Diego, your Frimousse sounds like an even tougher case than Kayla! I thought Kayla was timid, but she's coming out of her shell much faster - I think because of Ella. Her previous owner had her for two months, and finally just came to the conclusion that Kayla wasn't going to be able to bond with her, and would be happier in another home - one with another dog.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated!
melrohner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!