View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnsusan View Post
Hello! My hubby and I bought 2 Yorkies for breeding. She said she would send us the AKC registration papers and now of course she did not follow through. We paid a 1000.00 each and it has been 5 months and she after many excuses is ignoring our calls.
Yes we know we were dumb! The question is do any of you breeders have any idea of how we can get the papers? We are willing to work with her to get the papers. My husband is a pastor and we are willing to help her in any way. We just want the papers. We are not looking to sue her just wanting her to be honest if she is in a bind so we know the truth and where we stand. What could her problem be in giving us the records she seemed sincere and spoke like a knowledgeable breeder besides claiming to be. She was very concerned they got a good home and everything.
Can we get the pups registered without her? I am certain they are purebred. Just not certain they are registered but was told so and believe so.
Can a female breed with a male that is from a different dam but the same sire and still be AKC registered? No I do not plan on breediing that closely related. Just something someone said that has made me wonder if its correct. Thanks! Susan
Sorry you seem to have delt with a dishonest "breeder". Did you see any of the AKC papers on the parents when you bought the puppies? Did she have any written guarantee reguarding the papers? You will not be able to register your pups without getting AkC puppy papers from her and signed by her. Have you contacted AKC about this or asked them if she has been suspended from breeding rights? That may be the reason you havent gotten your papers.
You can AKC register half brother/half sister breedings with no problem. This kind of breeding is not recommended, especially for the novice breeder.

Last edited by yorkiekist; 11-21-2008 at 12:28 AM.
yorkiekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!