View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnarod View Post
You are just a con. Love you anyway.
What is the difference between a moving avatar and a slide show?

Well I may be a "con" but I was serious about that, you did make me get on the stick and make a new one.

I'm not sure what the difference between a moving avatar and a slide show is. It may be the way the file is saved. Essentially, they are the same thing, animated gifs is the real name for the moving avatar, and it's just a series of pictures grouped together in one file, called a .gif file. You can vary the amount of time between pictures to give you different effects, for example in my avatar the pictures have less than a second between them, so it looks more like there is action taking place. The same would be true for Blingees, and when you see a gif with sparkles. Most avatars used here are a series of pictures, with several seconds between each one, and look more like what you would call a slide show, but they are still animated gifs, with more time given to frames. The actual slide show programs I have seen save the file in another format, and Yorkietalk only accepts the .gif file.

Join today and remove this ad!