View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
mom2twins
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrittnee87 View Post
I have a 3.5 lb yorkie puppy, Ruby, whose bile acid test just came back indicative of a liver problem (pre test normal - post test was 23.1). Her Chemistry test came back normal, also. I've heard not to worry if the post wasn't over 100. My vet is suggesting an ultrasound, but I've read on here about Scintigraphy??

Ruby is a "replacement" puppy one that i lost over the summer with a very large shunt. The puppy that died this summer had every single symptom of a shunt.. this one has NONE. She is so hyper, gains weight, eats fine and drinks good too.

The breeder (who is the same person that sold me the first puppy that passed) is no longer interested in working with me.

I can't afford a 3000 dollar surgery, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how long my sweet girl would live on a low protein diet, etc?
My Yorkie recently has been dx w/a liver shunt. She is 3 1/2 years old.

Make sure you find a Board Certified Radiology. The first ultrasound was not done by a Board Certified Radiology. She was able to tell us that our Yorkie had a liver shunt but was not able to tell us the extend. I then took my Yorkie to a board certified radiology who confirmed every and told us yes had a good chance of living with surgery due to type of liver shunt.
mom2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!