Thread: Yorkie problem
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
ladylawinkc
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Star Yorkie problem. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan36 View Post
We have a female yorkie a little over a year old. We have house trained her, she uses a doggie door and can go outside at any time. Over the last month or so she has been going to the bathroom inside house. Not all the time but every now and then. My wife seems to think this is a behavior issue. We took her to the vet and he checked her and said she is healthy so that is not an issue. She is very attached to my wife who works outside the home during the day. The yorkie is left inside the home but can go outside at anytime during the day. She is not alone, we have a lab and a cat she plays with.

We are at a loss as to what to do to control this. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or what the problem could be.

Thanks,

David

I don't know if you'll want to do this or not - but my little Bella has no problem during the day - she'll go to the door, etc., or if I'm gone a long time, she won't have any accidents. The problem is while we're sleeping. Every night, she'll jump off the bed and go back to the mud room, where I keep the catboxes, and then she goes on the floor right next to one of the boxes (they are elevated so she can't get in them). I got tired of cleaning it up every night, so now I just throw a potty pad down by the stands of the catboxes - and she uses the potty pad instead of the floor!!! Not the perfect answer, but it works for us. Those potty pads are cheapest if you get them at Walmart or Target - Petsmart, etc. charges a lot more for them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!