View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #77
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

I am really sorry that this has hurt your feelings. I can only speak for myself when I say that I rarely look to see where one is from when replying to a post, and I would never stereotype YOU for being from MO. Now, if you were a breeder on the USDA list, yes, I admit, I probably would stereotype you.

I commend you for purchasing your puppy from a breeder whom you felt comfortable with. This is not the case here. The OP has not met the breeder and/or the dog(s). It really has nothing to do with the state, but the fact the breeder is registered with the USDA.

Again, I am really sorry this hurt your feelings! Most of us just feel soooooooo strongly about the breed it is really hard to watch people support these large scale "breeders," or puppy mills, when there are so many GOOD, HONEST breeders around that should be supported for breeding yorkies up to standard and HEALTHY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaofmia View Post
All these comments about Missouri really bothers me. I love YT and I have never commented on anything negative, but just because this breeder is from Missouri doesn't mean she is a bad breeder. I hate the way some sterotype people just because you here the state "Missouri". I am from Missouri and I realize there are alot of Mills in this state and I hate that fact, but you are automatically thinking the worse because the breeder is from Missouri. That really bothers me and hurts my feelings. My baby is from Missouri and from a home raised breeder. I got her when she was nine weeks old and we have done fine. The breeder made me call her if I needed anything or had any questions. We kept in touch for months afterwards and If I were going to get another Yorkie, I would want one from her. I am just asking that you wouldn't assume that just because it's coming from Missouri, it's a bad breeder. There are puppy Mills all over the USA, unfortunally and I hate all of them but it does bother me a bit when you talk bad about Missouri. Sometimes I think that's why I don't get many responses when I write a topic. People see where I'm from and automatically judge me. (She's from Missouri) Must have a puppy Mill baby.....
Anyway I didn't mean to babble on, but felt I needed to vent about this. Sorry if I've offended anyone. Hope everyone has a good day and I welcome this newcomer to YT...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!