View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
stillsmyelin
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Anyone with a Morkie?

Hi everyone! I'm Lori and I'm the new mom to 11 wk old Bella, our adorable 2 pound Morkie puppy. I know this is a Yorkie forum, but I'm hoping that I'll be welcome anyway. Bella looks just like a Yorkie and has most of the behavior traits of a Yorkie. I spent a lot of time on this forum just reading before I joined and I believe this is a good match for us...please let me know if this is okay.

My hubby adopted Bella for me as an early Christmas present. I've always wanted a Yorkie, but after seeing the pics of Bella, I couldn't resist her. She has been the sweetest gift I've ever received. She's doing very well with housebreaking on her peepee pads, but we did have to move a rug out of the living room because she had started using that instead. Now that it's gone, she is back to using the pee pee pads. We are trying to reward her everytime she goes in the right place and so far it seems to be working. Keep your fingers crossed for me...this is my biggest fear with having an indoor dog as I have MS and sometimes I have a little trouble getting around well.

Bella loves to play and has actually started yipping just a little while in play. My hubby called me at work to let me hear her first "words"...lol. She's learned to jump off the couch, but it still scares me a little as we have hardwood floors. If I see she is wanting down, I try to place her on the floor to keep her from jumping. I read somewhere in these forums where someone had ramps and stairs in place...where would I find something like this for her?

Just wanted to introduce ourselves...looking forward to chatting with you all!

Lori
stillsmyelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!