View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #4
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
I'm glad you got a diagnosis, now the healing can begin. I would highly recommend an phone consultation with Susan Davis, a pet nutritionist out of California. She works at the Arroyo Animal Hospital with Dr. Gordon, a holistic vet.

We have been having blood work issues with Sissy. Although she is low in B12 and has started weekly injections for that, everything else points to an intestinal problem with her rather than the pancreatitis we thought she had or the EPI she was tested for. Susan has been wonderful in helping her get on the road to health and has some of the best supplements for this as well. It will be important to Deegan to also have some kind of liver support as anytime the pancrease isn't functioning properly, the liver isn't either (despite testing normal). I would highly recommend a consultation. Best $78 I have spent yet!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
So glad you have a diagnosis my dex had severe pancreatitis and has ibd which can trigger the pancreas. Just curious how do they determine it is this on blood work? is it due to cpli and tli test? Just curious as good info to know

oh just found this info -- may clarify alot for you too

Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (Maldigestion Disorder) in Dogs
The vet initially thought that it was an intestinal problem for Deegan, but the treatment for that didn't help. So further testing (blood) was done, which included a Tli, B12 & Folate. It was the Tli that confirmed the EPI. I would love it if we could find a holistic route. The vet hasn't mentioned anything about liver support, but I will be sure to ask about that. I'm going to google Susan Davis & Dr. Gordon, and make a call - my baby is worth it!
Thanks to you both for your info - anything I can learn about this will be beneficial to both Deegan and I.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!