View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #10
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I really, really have to disagree with all comments about him just 'holding out' etc...And I really, really have to disagree with the Vet's comments that his diet shouldn't be carefully selected for him since he had a LS as a pup.

I hope I don't come off sounding mean or anything, I truly am just trying to help...I too have a baby that has liver issues

Vets are great, but they don't know it all and most of them don't know too much about nutrition and they haven't done too much studying about dogs that had LS and how they are doing later down the road.

LS is a scarey thing, and while his shunt may have been repaired, it doesn't mean he is 100% in the clear.

I think you truly want the BEST for him. I think you are already IN LOVE with him. With that being said, I hope you take this advice. Join this yahoo group: DogLiverDisease : Dog Liver Disease

The people there are just like you and me. They have LS babies and they have done tons, and tons of research on the BEST approaches and just have a wealth of knowledge and experience. You honestly can't go wrong!

One thing you truly have to understand is that a diet made up of high meat and organ protein is extremely difficult on the liver for a LS baby.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!