View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default shhh don't tell DH but I had the best date the other night!!

I took Boo out on a date the other night and we had so much fun!! He has seemed a little sad lately and with 2 puppies under 1 year of age in the house I thought maybe he felt a little left out. So I came home from work and quickly changed clothes, whispered in his ear while brushing his hair "Want to go bye-bye?" and got a big sloppy kiss as an answer.

Put Yogi in his ex-pen, put up the doggie gate to keep Gracie in the kitchen, put Boo's harness on and out the door we went. The look on Gracie's face made me think I'd come home to quite a mess as she seemed very upset that it wasn't her going out the door with me.

Hooked Boo into his car seat and told him we were going on a date tonight, just him and me. He started his usual "Are we there yet?" whine before we even got out of the driveway. I stopped the car and looked back at him and said, "This is our special time, Boo, and you really need to man-up and be a good date and not whine the whole time, ok?" It was pretty much the last whine I heard out of him. Very un-Boo like, because he's all about the destination, not the journey.

We went to Petsmart and he was soooo good!!! He didn't pull, walked right beside me, and was the perfect gentleman the entire time. We walked up and down every aisle, stopped and sniffed everything, made a couple of new friends, stopped and looked at the birds, rats and fish, tried on some of the holiday items - had a good laugh with the reindeer antlers. We stayed for 45-50 minutes. Then stopped at Wendy's on the way home and split a cheeseburger. Cause after all, it's not a real date if you don't do dinner too, right?

My DH called as we were almost home asking where we were. Said he came home and found Gracie in a snit, Yogi in his pen and no Boo or me. I laughed and told him I was on a date...with Boo...and would be home in just a few minutes. He laughed and called me silly and said he wanted to hear all about it when we got home.

Gracie wouldn't hardly talk to me all the rest of the night, but Boo sure has had his Happy Face back since then. I think we'll have to do Date Night more often.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!