Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBella View Post
Okay... so Bella has had a spot on her lower back with thinning hair since I got her. The spot has now expanded to the other side; straight across her back. When I got her she had very dry (almost crusty) skin in this area. The vet I took her to the day after I got her said to use a special hydrating shampoo, which I have been. When I got her home (from CA), she also went to see her (now) regular vet and said that it could just be the aftermath of the dry skin condition; she was checked for fleas-but didn't have any. I kept her on the same food she was eating (royal canin) and just switched yesterday to blue buffalo-chicken & brown rice yesterday in case it's a food allergy. I don't usually keep shirts on her all day, but I did 2 days last week and may have made it worse.

Does anyone have any other suggestions???
Has she had a 6 panel thyroid test done and cbc and chemistry done? my dee dee has hypothyroid and she lost hair and hair loss is usually on the back and tail and hypothyroid runs in yorkies. DD was 3 when diagnosed and is on soloxine. Her t4free was .30 and normal for a yorkie is 1.0 so i would definitely check this out as low thyroid can lead to seizures and other health issues if it gets low enough - i would have dr jean dodds review blood work too as she is excellent with thyroid issues and she is at Animal Blood Bank and Restore Health Cente -- if you can request antech lab to do the analysis as that is who jean uses
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!