View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

OMG I can't believe I'm just seeing this. Hi guys!! I'm always excited to see our Yorkies doing Agility.

Dixie...Izzy and I are so proud of you. Very rewarding that's for sure.

I took Izzy to an intro Agility a few months ago and we loved it. It was just a two-week intro course to get them used to the equipment. It truly is amazing what our little buddies can do. She was not afraid of the A-frame or tunnerl or even the ramp that's 6 feet off the ground. But she was afraid of the chute..lol. When we trained we held the shoot up with our hands on the other end and had them go through..it was fine until the end when we let the shoot fall down on her - then I saw this lump just freeze and try to run out the other end..lol. That we have to work on so what I am doing at home is when I make the bed and she's on it I lightly toss the sheet on top of her and play a game of where are you. It's working somewhat.

I know that it's tough for out little guys since the equipment is standard. But I found this site that's just for small dogs for Agility and if you can find a local training place that has the smaller equipment that would be great. I might try this again in Spring since Izzy liked it or get some equipment to train on in our back yard first.

Mighty Mite Small Dog Sports Forum: Dog Shows, Training, & Dog Sports for Little Dogs (Powered by Invision Power Board)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!