View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #12
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

That's wonderful that you were able to figure that out! We recently had a scare with Tatum involving bloody diarrhea and I was beside myself trying to figure out why this was happening (3 bouts of diarrhea within 6 weeks - the last one being the worst with blood) and thanks to the knowledgeable folks here on YT, I was finally able to determine that it was her food, Innova, that had undergone a formula change and just didn't agree with her tummy. I started a new bag right before her first illness and this was the bag with the new formula. I never would have thought it was the food because she had been eating Innova for several years. I trust my vet completely but still, he can't possibly know all the details about her that I do and somehow I had missed the conversation about the formula change. Oh, and I did let him run a full blood panel the first time it happened although it was his suggestion first.

I agree that we as responsible pet owners should make ourselves as knowledgeable as possible to give our babies every chance. So glad your Sissy is going to be okay.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!