View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
TresCutePiggies
Owned by Rory & Lane
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiNFurbabies View Post
I think so too, unfortunately. I have two rescues: one from a petsmart adopt-a-thon and one (Izze) that my friend abandoned. I have tried going to those breed rescues... but it's so long and complicated... I know it is for the pet's own good. However, I have encountered many rude people who have a nasty tone or say they will return--or don't return my calls. So for me a breeder is easier or the pound.
I have heard all the bad stories about rescues myself, which is why I was, quite frankly, surprised when she called me after I submitted my application online. I was expecting to have to call/e-mail and inquire about the status, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
This sounds like an awful strange rescue. First, if they rescue yorkies, they would never refer to a yorkie as a teacup, because there is no such thing. nexty, if they are a trud rescue and contact you, they would never not return a call if they felt you were a good home for one of their rescues. What rescue organization is this that you applied to? This just does not sound right.
This is not a yorkie rescue - I see everything from a Newfoundland to a Chihuahua mix in the available pets section. I know there is no such thing as a teacup, but I got the impression she was asking to make sure I wasn't expecting a teeny tiny dog and was maybe "dumbing down" so to speak since I know all of us YTers know there is no such thing as a teacup, but I wouldn't say it is widely known. Like I said earlier, everything checks out on the Secretary of State's website with regards to the organization, but obviously this isn't sitting right with me or I wouldn't have posted! You can see part of a child in a lot of the pictures of the available dogs, which is another reason it made me think it was legit.

I think I was secretly hopeful I would get a call tonight from her with some reasonable explanation, but it's looking like that isn't the case. I'm toying with the idea of just emailing the generic email address, but I don't want to seem totally desperate. I think I got my hopes way too far up after the initial call! I would just expect after my second voicemail that she'd have the courtesy to call me and give me some kind of excuse even if it wasn't a very good one or simply that they had found another home for the dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!