View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
MeAndMyOlivia
YT Addict

Default How many yt "empty nesters" are out there?

I got my first little furbaby (Toby) a few years ago, right before my youngest daughter got married. I knew I would need a little *someone* to fill the void created when the last of my children left the nest! He has since passed which left a huge void in my life. However we are blessed with 3 grandchildren who all live fairly close by and we tremendously enjoy seeing them often...but the same daughter and dh have recently moved a bit further away, and had the nerve to move our granddaughter (we have a special bond with that baby) along with them! LOL

In September, just before they actually moved, I got my sweet little 7-yr old yorkie, Olivia (purely providential, but that is another story) It just struck me this weekend how Olivia's arrival also coincided with an "empty nest" event in my life, helping to fill the void since my gd moved further from us. Olivia is so perfect for me, loves to snuggle right next to me, loves being brushed, rarely barks, enjoys traveling with us (even snuck her into Target hehe), tolerates clothes and bows ...she truly fills my empty nest!

How about you - has your empty nest also been filled with a little furbaby?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!