View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Leesha
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
Im sure this topic has been gone over a million times and Im sorry if it has, however I need some advice.
My puppy has been using pee pads since he was old enough to crawl out of his whelping box. I wanted him to continue using them once I brought him home, however he wont use them and is wanting to go outside. he even goes to the door and hasnt had but 2 accidents in the house since friday.
Now for most people I know this isnt a an issue, who wouldnt want thier puppy going outside right? Well I live in upstate NY and its already really cold here and we woke up this morning to 8 plus inches of snow on the ground, possing a problem for a small baby yorkiemix who is only a few inches from the floor. Since he has been here I have putting him on the pee pads about every half hour to 45 minutes, he runs all over them playing I keep picking him up and putting him back on the pad, I do this for several minutes in a row, he wont go but as soon as I put him on the ground outside he goes. Today because of the snow he has been pottying on my porch cause he wont use the pads. He gets up about every 2 hours in the night to potty and each time I put him on the pads first hoping he will go but I end up taking him outside and he goes right away.
We are traveling next week for Thanksgiving and it would so much easier if he was using the pads, how can I encouge him to use them??
Thanks.
My babies are all really small except my Ninja...anyways I let them go outside do their thing then bring them back in. I'm in Canada and we don't have snow here in Stoney Creek, Ontario yet but when we do I'll only let them out for a few min. They all have winter jackets and booties... They don't like the booties but it will help keep them warm to some degree.

If you have a porch...clear away snow and let him go there...or clear away an area in your back where they can go...
Leesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!