View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 AM   #1
TresCutePiggies
Owned by Rory & Lane
Donating Member

Default Can I please get some opinions?

Last Monday, I filled out an application for a rescue to adopt a dog. I got a call on Friday night stating that my application was great! She said they had a few other great applications, but those applicants were out of state and not local like me. For many reasons, they prefer to adopt locally. She asked if Rory was a "teacup" as this dog was not - and I said no she was a bigger yorkie, and I was not expecting a "teacup." She asked if I'd be available to meet on Sunday, and I said I'd like to bring along Rory and my boyfriend who lives with me - she said that would be great. She was located about two hours from me and suggested a central meeting point which would be about a one hour drive for each of us. Anyways, the conversation ended with her giving me her cell phone number and I said so I'll call you tomorrow (Saturday) with a time that would work for us.

Saturday I call her around 10:30 and left a message saying we spoke on Friday, discussed meeting on Sunday, that such and such a time would work for us - please call me back and let me know if that would work with your schedule and also if there was a particular park or Petsmart where she liked to meet.

I don't hear anything all day Saturday, so I call Sunday around 12:30 with no answer. I call again at 2:30 on Sunday and again no answer. I call one more time later in the day Sunday and leave a voicemail again (just in case she never received the first one - I didn't want to look like a flake) stating we spoke Friday and that I had left a message on Saturday, but had been busy running errands that morning (Sunday) and just wanted to make sure our wires hadn't crossed. I said we were still very interested in the dog assuming they were still interested in us as adoptive parents. I left my home and cell number and said that I hoped to hear from her soon.

At this point, I already feel like a stalker, so I know I need to let it go. I keep playing our conversation over in my head - I can't imagine what I possibly could have said to offend her and why, if I had, she wouldn't have given me her cell phone number at the end of the call instead of the rescue's general number. I know there are a million reasons why I might not have heard anything, but I guess I figured rescues were probably somewhat used to having to reject people. I just wish I would have received a phone call saying we found a home, or we no longer want to meet or whatever. I know she is extremely busy running this rescue in her spare time, but I am disappointed and can't help but think I might have done something wrong.

I am perfectly content with my sweet little Rory, but I was excited about getting her a playmate. She seems like she is the perfect age, but I know if it's meant to be it would have happened. Like I said - just a little disappointed. Sorry, I know that was long winded.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!