View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 AM   #7
bildio
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLover9 View Post
He drinks water excessively, to the extreme and urinates every 5 mins. It's clear, not yellow, almost as if the water just runs right through him. He drinks 2 - 3 bowls of water per day and I know he's a puppy and they potty ALOT as I've just gone through the Puppy Potty Alot phase but this is the extreme. I'm on my second roll of paper towels since Friday cleaning up urine. He also urinates in his crate at night (though slight) on his blanket, it's like he can't hold it for any length of time. I'm trying to find information on google as to why a puppy would drink so much and urinate so much. I'll be making a vet appt for tomorrow to try to find out why or if this is a health issue.
This is similar to the problem I am experiencing with Gus, starting from the time I got him until now. Initially, he was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection which was treated with antibiotics. The problem lessened after treatment. After numerous tests, I am currently watching his diet (foods that don't create excessive thirst - no eating things off the ground outside), and behavior.

Let us know what your vet finds. A UTI is an easy cure. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!