View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
YorkieLover9
YT 500 Club Member

Default Aggressive Puppy

As some of you may know, I got Canyon a brother on Friday. He's adorable but we are having some problems and I'm looking for advice.

Canyon is extremely passive and loving. The new puppy is rather aggressive and dominant. Canyon is 6 1/2 months, the new puppy (Phoenix) is 3 1/2 months.

They've gotten along pretty well for the past two days. Today however (Phoenix) the new puppy has become really agressive and their playing has turned into Phoenix the new guy charging Canyon and backing him into a corner and biting him to where Canyon yelps each and every time. there is growling going on from the new puppy and he is relentless in his pursuit as Canyon is running from him and hunkering his butt down with his back to the new puppy. As soon as Canyon moves, the puppy charges him again and gets Canyon by the ear, tail, throat, whatever and won't let go. I've had to pull him off of Canyon several times as Canyon seems afraid and he's yelping from being bitten.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, is it a personality clash. I know Phoenix is being a puppy but it's like he never learned that when one yelps, that means it's time to stop playing so hard.

I'm afraid Canyon will get hurt and I know that might sound silly but if he's running away and hunkering down and the new puppy keeps coming and even after Canyon yelps, the new puppy doesn't stop.

How do I stop this behavior, what do I do?
YorkieLover9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!