View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

I am making a more traditional meal with some updated recipes for the regular stuff:

-Turkey
-Stuffing (my MIL's recipe that believe it or not uses hot dog buns...I tried, but the boys won't have it any other way )
-Mashed Potatoes
-Sweet Potatoes w/Roasted Garlic and Rosemary-savory NOT sweet
-A vegetable of some kind-looking for something a little more contemporary than green bean casserole
-My "signature" salad, that includes red onions, red pears, candied walnuts, bleu cheese, pomegranate and a raspberry vinagrette
-Garlic Cheese biscuits or if I can find a new focaccia recipe I might try that too

Oh, and I will ask my MIL to make and bring pies.

We always celebrate with my husband's side of the family for Thanksgiving, so everyone comes in Wednesday night and they don't eat the real Thanksgiving dinner until around 7 pm on Thursday. Wednesday night I will make lasagna and breadsticks and have that in the oven as people arrive. Thursday morning we'll have homemade muffins, and for lunch/snacks I'll have chili in the crock pot, plus spinach dip and hawaiian bread, tortilla chips and my secret peach salsa dip, deviled eggs, veggies and fruit, chex mix, apple cider mulling on the stove, and bake cookies...I think that should cover it!

Last edited by Suzy; 11-16-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!