View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #23
Taramyorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Tara got her first booster on Friday and except a wee yalp she made when we actually touched the spot on her back by mistake, she did fine. I asked about the vaccinations my vet and she said that it's not true that it is not necessary to vaccinate every year, that they have dogs dying of parvo and lepto even those that have been vaccinated regularly. As for rabbies I don't think they do them here, except when you want them, but the other vaccinations distemper, lepto , parvo and parainfluenza are required. Tara does fine usually but she is 6.5 pounds so she is not a tiny yorkie but she is still small. It's probably harder to decide the dose with the tinies you have. They always weight her before giving the vaccine so they do it by weight. Maybe the smallest dogs should get really tiny dose. It's unfortunate when a dog or a child gets sick afterwards, they are just supposed to be tired and sleepy for about two days, which Tara was a little. I just would rather be better safe then sorry, so for now she will be getting hers regularly. But I understand your concerns maybe you should discuss your individual pet with your vet, it's always good to get a second opinion too. All the best for you and all your yorkies!
Taramyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!