View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #6
Bud William
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Hello, I'm not sure if I am replying at the correct spot. Yes, I think they are vitamins also. My Yorkie has been on them for a couple of years. I am looking a recept now and it says "Pet Tinic 4 oz" . Dont want to scare you.. I dont have the bottle in front of me, we tossed them, My yorkie died 2 weeks ago. 14years old. His name was Buddy. I sure hope Minnie gets better, but I would check again with that Dr. or another one. Your instinct will tell you, your feelings about your doctor. (Jeanne).
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieShadow View Post
OH MY GOSH guys Minnies my female Yorkie was in some bad pain. She couldnt even walk.I put her down and she was all hunched over, I was really really scared shes had broke her back, spine, neck or some thing. iVE GOT HER RAPPED IN A BLANKET, SHE WAS SHAKING SO BAD, It happened last night and I didnt have a way to even get to a vet. theres none open at night here. the one in town wont even see her with out money up front, so I had to wait until the one she normaly goes to opens at 8 am this morning. just wanted to get on here and ask for prayers.

Mickey and Minnie heard a dog out side barking and ran to jump on the couch to get up in the window to see, they do this often so I didnt even think about it until, I heard the YELP, It sounded like it came from Mickey thou, but when I turned to look they was both just standing in front of the couch on the floor. then Minnie slowly walked away and hid under the couch. I knew some thing was wrong with the way she was walking. I pulled her out from under the couch and she started shaking so bad. so I held her all night until my husband got home. So as soon as DH got home from work we headed to the vets.
They checked her out and said shes in alot of pain. He said theres no broken bones, Heart sounded great and so did her lungs, He gave her a shot for pain. and said she had hurt her back really bad and it would take days before she starts feeling better, But the pain meds will help her rest. Im so Thankful that she didnt break her bones.( I thought for sure she had) He said to go ahead and give her a syringe of her pain meds as soon as we got home, even thou he gave her a shot. But the lady at the desk said no only two times a day and thats what the bottle said too, so I had went and asked him again and he said yeah just for today go ahead and give her the extra dose and do it as soon as you get home. so I did. now shes out. The shaking has stopped and shes did try to walk a little very slow head almost to the floor and all hunched up. shes on my lap and dosent want me to lay her down, I have tried 2 x's and she gets upset. so I guess Ill be holding her all day. Im glad I dont have the Grandbabies today. Mickey was so happy to see her that he was kissing her when I brought her in. he didnt even want to go out to potty, He didnt want her out of his site.

Poor DH just went to bed, he worked 12 hours then had to come home and take us to the vets. long drive. so hes not going to get much sleep before he has to get back up and get ready for work again.

Heres my question.
Pet Tinic Plus
anyone ever heard of this medicine? this is what the vet gave Minnie for pain its liquid. It says on the bottle for pain and or cough may cause drowsiness.and it really seems to be helping her But....

I looked it up on line and it says its says Pet Tinic is a vitamin with iron.Detailed Description
Liquid dietary supplement for dogs and cats, containing iron, copper and 5 essential vitamins. Palatable meat-flavored liquid is readily accepted.
Pet-Tinic Drops 4 oz.

and Minnies meds cost me 3 x's this price.

and it does smell like meat flavored. but the above didnt say Plus. so im confused did the vet give minnie a vitamin and just tell me it was a pain medicine? or if theres a difference being hers says Plus? also how can one meds be for pain and cough. Minnie dosent have a cough..

Minnies walking around now, a little slow but shes so much better. shes been on my lap most of the day, shes eating and drinking so i think shes going to get better soon.
Bud William is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!