View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #59
Latifah
Yorkie Yakker

I have always liked the way Yorkies look. They are just a beautiful breed of dog without question.

When I decided to get a dog, I looked into this breed first but after reading they're yappy and the cost for a puppy, I was completely turned off. But, I still couldn't shake wanting a Yorkie.

After getting Kali, my Chin, I knew she needed a friend. So I started looking at shelters, trolling Craigslist, and filled out an adoption application with the Yorkie rescue here in Colorado. I wanted to adopt a Morkie first, but they thought with my children, she wouldn't have been a good fit for us and recommended Jennie, my Chi mix. So we brought Jennie home and I thought, that's it for us. But I still couldn't shake wanting a Yorkie.

So, I continued to troll Craigslist and became disgusted at the scams involving Yorkies and some of the disgusting owners that had them. I mean, I know that they are popular, but finding a good home has to be more than just the money aspect. After not going on CL for awhile, I came across an ad to rehome a Yorkie. I figured what could be the harm, right?
Well, this couple had just had a baby and weren't giving Allie the attention she was used to and decided to rehome her. They didn't want a fee, just a good home and were getting discouraged because of the weirdos coming out of the woodwork just wanting a Yorkie. I didn't expect them to contact me because not only was the ad a couple of days old, Yorkies go fast. But I am thankful to everyone that was strange, mean, nasty, and off kilter because the paved the way for Allie coming to me. The couple felt that I was sincere and would provide her a great home. I have promised to keep in touch and should anything happen that I can't keep her, then to return her to them.

So after a week, I am sold on and in love with this breed. Allie is smart, brave, fearless, feisty, loving, sweet, adorable, small, amazing, etc., etc. You all have Yorkies so you know where I am going with this. If I'd been able to get Allie first, these other two would be Yorkies of a certainty. I wish that I wasn't at my limit on dogs in this city so that I could have another one as soon as I could get my hands on one. Allie has completely charmed our whole family. My daughter carries her around every opportunity she gets. Now the fights between the kids are about who is going to hold her next lol. I just completely love this little dog, we bonded immediately. It makes me feel kind of guilty because I didn't bond this fast with Jennie. It was just an instant love with Kali and Allie. And I've watched the Dog Whisperer and It's Me or the Dog about treating Yorkies like dogs, but how can I possibly resist picking Allie up and just showering her with love, especially when it is like she understands everything that I am saying to her. Or when she lays her little head against my chest, or just jumps up on me and starts giving me those little sweet kisses?

Yeah Yorkies, what great dogs they are right?
Latifah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!