View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #9
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamalyssa View Post
I had called a vet, they said to rub the larynx if he coughs it is most likely kennel cough, so I did that and got no response go figure.... he is not doing it excessively but i did notice he did it while he was asleep earlier , it woke him from his nap and only lasted briefly.

My biggest concern was tracheal collapse, is this possible in a 9 week old? another concern was my daughter had strep 2 weeks ago, he has been with us for 1 week and she was all better when he came but could he have gotten it anyway? maybe by licking something of hers?

One more thing, can he still get his vaccination tomorrow (2nd one) ? is that ok if he does have kennel cough? he is going to go to the vet mid-week.. I just have to find a good one, as he doesn't have one yet ....

** Also it DOES NOT get worse with activity, it seems pretty random **

Thank you all for being so kind!! and patient with me and my concerns ..
Make sure you do not use a collar to walk your baby...Get a step-in-harness b/c since yorkies are prone to tracheal collapse, you can't be tugging on their necks.
I would not vaccinate a sick dog/puppy until they are better. If it's not kennel cough, it could be allergies...Have you purchased anything new lately? New cleaners, new blankets, clothes, etc?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!