Thread: Allergy Testing
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #11
cobird2
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
i have been dealing with this for 4 years and sounds like environmental because if steroids and atopica stop the itching then not food as they only work for environmental -- join our allergy group as you will learn a ton -- go to yahoogroups.com and search allerdog and join as allergies can only be managed not usually cured you need to do weekly baths with hypoallergenic shampoo to keep allergents down and tshirts help alot -- the best allergy testing is VARL - my private email is dwert35@aol.com if you want more info but 10% of time it is food allergy and 90% environmental which is the worst and most frustrating but the food you are on is good so stick with it but your situation is more environmental
I agree as does the vet as it's not his foods but will keep him on the grain-free limited ingredient as it's good for him.
I was doing weekly baths with an antihistamine shampoo-Histacalm-that gets massaged in for about 10 minutes but didn't see much of a change. He hair gets oily too so I have another shampoo to control the oiliness-Sebolux. Vet suggested decreasing bathing to about once a month to help with oiliness. That has helped.
Thanks for sharing the yahoo group...will be joining!
Is the VARL allergy testing a blood test or skin test?
I'm posting here, not emailing you personally, only because the info will get out to more people. You can email me if you want.

Last edited by cobird2; 11-15-2008 at 04:50 AM.
cobird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!