View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb1023 View Post
hi everyone,

roscoe finally has his stitches out from neuter surgery! he and remy are both in desperate need of a serious bath and haircut. I get off work early and would like to take care of it, but I don't have an appointment at the vet (they normally groom Remy and it's pretty expensive) so I was thinking about running them to PetSmart. It is a lot cheaper I am just worried a) how they will turn out (quality ) and I'm scared to leave them...groomer on the phone told me they were swamped today and I would need to drop them off!

haha i hate leaving my boys at the vet-much less, PetSmart-sorry if that sounds extremely snobby, but im a protective mama

anyone have any experiences with PetSmart grooming? thanks!

I have worked at a vets office for the past 7 years, when i first started out i was a dog walker, then worked in the kennel, then did bathing, and then asked to be a groomers assistant, and then finally became a vet tech. the groomer i worked with was great! never got mad at the animals, and did really well with puppies and cats. I learned a lot from her, and just watching animals being groomed at petsmart made me mortified. A girl I used to work with is now working at petsmart, and i know how she is, and i would ONLY trust her. I just dont think the people at petsmart are well educated with grooming. A few years ago, I was at a meet and greet with Greyhounds , and one of them brought their grey in to get his nails trimmed, and they literally put him up on the grooming table, which is a big no no! they should have done them on the floor. I would just sorta feel it out. GOod Luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!