View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

From all the AWEFUL things I've heard about grooming at Petco and Petsmart both, I wouldn't even chance it if it were me.

I looked up "Pet Grooming" in the Yellow Pages and then called around to get prices. I went with who was 1) cheapest AND 2) would let me stay instead of dropping her off! With the exception of 1 tiny little thing (and that was my fault...she asked and I didn't know what I wanted, but now KNOW that I don't want that done again!) my experiences with 2 different places have been great! Not only do I stay, so if they need to ask, I'm right there, but I also tell them Every area I want cut or shaved and every area I DON'T!

Petsmart won't let you stay and do it with you there (is my understanding, but maybe that's wrong). To me both Petsmart and Petco are like Supercuts, or the like, and I wouldn't go there to get my hair cut, so I don't take Bella to the equivalent.

ALSO, Petsmart and Petco are both pretty expensive!!! My vet does grooming for close to twice what they charge (so they are less expensive than the vet), BUT I pay half what they charge taking her to an independent groomer....AND I don't have to leave her!
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!