View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default My cousin needs prayers

My cousin was diagnosed with familial medullary thyroid cancer when she was 6. She had her thyroid removed and has been fine ever since. She is 30 now, and is married. She has 2 sons, age 8 and 10 from a previous marriage, and has been trying to concieve for a couple of years now. This was her first month of fertility pills (clomid) and she had high hopes for a pregnancy. Her urine tests came back negative, but she had a blood test done yesterday. As much as I HOPE she is pregnant, I do not think she is unfortunately. She just got a call from her childrens pediatrician, and the blood test that she had done months ago on her boys came back and they both have the gene for the cancer she had, could have cancer, and need surgery. She went through a messy divorce with their abusive dad years ago and did not have insurance to get the testing done. Now she feels terrible. On top of that, she should be getting a call any minute from her fertility doctor that I fear is going to tell her that she is not pregnant.
I have a child with a genetic disorder and one with a heart problem, so I know the pain and fear associated with health issues in children. I also was on fertility pills for 7 months before dh and I had our first child. I cannot imagine having the news of no baby, and both of the children being sick, all on the same day.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!