View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #7
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrittnee87 View Post
I have a 3.5 lb yorkie puppy, Ruby, whose bile acid test just came back indicative of a liver problem (pre test normal - post test was 23.1). Her Chemistry test came back normal, also. I've heard not to worry if the post wasn't over 100. My vet is suggesting an ultrasound, but I've read on here about Scintigraphy??

Ruby is a "replacement" puppy one that i lost over the summer with a very large shunt. The puppy that died this summer had every single symptom of a shunt.. this one has NONE. She is so hyper, gains weight, eats fine and drinks good too.

The breeder (who is the same person that sold me the first puppy that passed) is no longer interested in working with me.

I can't afford a 3000 dollar surgery, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how long my sweet girl would live on a low protein diet, etc?
the post is below 25 which is normal so i am confused ??? I would not worry about this at all if not showing any symptoms as gall bladder contraction during blood draw can trigger a high reading so if this were mine i would wait and see what happens as my girl had post 73, 56 and last was 26 and i do no supplements, and she is on soloxine and temaril p and she has never showed signs of liver issues even being on drugs so i would not worry about this one -- so this lady sold you a second pup after the liver shunt pup or was it a replacement? I hope she stops breeding the two she bred
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!