View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
We use pee pads as well as going outside. They've never seemed to have a problem getting confused. With the weather getting cold, Maggie just pees outside and wants to come back inside as soon as possible and within a half hour she wil have gone and pooped on the pad.
Ella pretty much exclusively uses the pee pads - she is so teeny, i don't think she enjoys the feel of grass when she squats. Louis uses both and I can only think of 1 accident in the last month and both pups are under 2. When my ex lived with us, the accidents were much more frequent, but then, both dogs were much younger.

I also think, if you aren't anxious about it, they aren't sensing your anxiety, so they respond better to praise when they go in the right place.

Again, I truly believe the key is working together. Significant others must share the responsibility. You are committed to one another and one of you is committed to the dog. By compromising and sharing the responsibility, the party with 'issues' has a better chance of building a relationship with the dog, seeing him or her succeed and building their own bond. My next man better LOVE my dogs. They are my babies, take 'em, or leave me!! LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!