View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

It simply comes down to the fact that men are the lesser sex. I am sorta kidding here, but why aren't women as annoyed with accidents?

Because we have that 'maternal' instinct thing that happens. Now, I know this is a generalization and those of you that know me know that my husband of 5 years left me in August, so I am little down on men anyway right now, but I do think that we woman are just better at dealing with pee, poo and vomit...

Now, I get annoyed, but never enough that it would be an issue in my relationships. For my ex, it was a huge issue (or an excuse to avoid the much larger issue that he didn't want to talk about.)

Potty training is super important. Its just part of establishing boundaries. That said, accidents happen and I believe it takes years of consistency to have a TOTALLY potty trained pet. If you are consistent and firm the dogs will get it and you and your husband need to work together. I cannot say that enough.

Decide on a method, whether its crating, pee pads or whatever and you both have to stick too it. I have found that giving treats outside right after they go, every single time, really encourages the process along...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!