View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Tatum's sick and I have a food question

I posted this over in the Health and Diet section for the food question but I thought more might see it in this section and since I hope to find an answer quickly (because she's sick right now), I thought I'd post it both places....

Science Diet I/D vs. Innova......... Okay, I never thought I would be comparing these two foods but Tatum has some issues right now that look like she'll require a blander diet for a while. She'll be 5 years old in February and has been on Innova most of her life. We have never had problems with it. But she has had some kind of bacterial tummy bug that she just has been having a hard time getting over. The vet thinks they are separate incidents but does say that she needs to have a blander diet for a little longer than I gave it last time to really let her system heal. I don't agree with his choice of Science Diet but do agree that sometimes the prescription ones are needed for one thing or another. When Tatum is eating the canned I/D (for digestive issues), she has no problem. I think though that we went back to the Innova maybe a little too quickly the last time she had this diarrhea/vomiting issue. So my question is..... this time he wants her on the I/D for a couple weeks (and according to the ingredients listing I've found, the canned has better ingredients than the dry) - after she's all better, is there another food that's as good as Innova but is on the blander side like the I/D? Anyone have a sensitive stomach dog that needs a food like that??

Oh, and no.... the vet does not think it's pancreatis (sp?) or anything else serious but is reserving judgement and more expensive tests for after we give this round of medicine a try.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!