View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

I am in the same situation as you. Except my problem is that the man in my life is my dad! I moved back home - moving back for 6 months or until I go to France - and my dad does not like dogs in the house! They have two staffies and my sister's lab is here too, but Cash is the real thorn in my dad's side.
Cash sometimes has accidents in the house, but they are limited to when I forget to take him out. The accidents are my fault, but I constantly get questions like why isn't he potty trained and why can't he be a good dog like the staffies - serious prejudice, but never mind.
I try my best, but sometimes he has an accident and then, when dad gets mad, I get it. Luckily he isn't allergic to him, otherwise I would be living outside!!
I think some people are predisposed to complain about things that they can't do anything about or things that they think they can't do anything about. I suggest that you actively work on the problem - especially when he is there to see it (I believe that this is the only time that a man believes something = when he witnesses it). And don't worry let the complaining get to you. It will only make you frustrated and unhappy.

Using this approach, I have managed to get my whole family to like Cash - they play more with him than the other dogs although they haven't given up their allegiance to staffies and my dad even sometimes plays with him a bit.
It is all about making the guy think he is in control and that you ARE listening to him! Sorry for the long post Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!