View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindaY View Post
Most reasonable people will learn to let the dog sleep with them, and if that's not possible, give him up to someone who can have him in bed with them.
I let my dogs (2 of them anyway) sleep in the bed with us, and I love them being there...but yet...at times I do regret it. They are not happy unless they are right in between me and hubby, and sometimes we miss cuddling ALONE.

Husband complains and even sleeps in the guestroom sometimes, because Baxter will sleep in between his legs, or right on his back, so he can't move. He doesn't feel rested the next day, and he has a physical job. Picking him up and moving him does no good, he only comes right back to where he was . Baxter also prefers to sleep ON TOP of the covers 50% of the time, so I have a little anchor that keeps me from pulling the covers up, or leaves me pinned.

With that being said, If you don' let your dogs sleep with you--DON'T START. They will get used to it, and expect it. Not letting them sleep with you doesn't mean you should give them away.
Darlin Beauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!