Thread: Potty Machine!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
Kathy
Yorkie Yakker

Smile Potty Machine and training ? for a reader

Well, I either spoke too soon or I have proven my own game plan. I came home from work today to find that she was out of her pen and running around the room. Before I could figure out how that was done,I noticed that there were two poops in the room. One in front of crate and one not. I also noticed that there was wet spots on the previously clean pad. I noticed that the pen was almost shut (I guess she couldn't get in...I am hoping that that is what it was!). I cannot tellif she urinated or not. I did not see or smell anything. I will clean with stuff just incase though. Anway, point still taken. One room at a time with total supervision to help her to learn. The big problem with a pe, or blocking her ina kitchen, is that you do not see when she goes on the pad to reward her or teacher her where to go. I can really only teach when I am home or weekends. I really believe in total crate training but I am afraid that she is still too light for that (1 1/2 lbs). I do not think she can go all day. Maybe all night. I would love someone to comment on that. I do know that the one night she was in the crate she went in it two times. ANy opinion on that. I am afraid, however, that she will think that the pen is just a big crate and that she can go in it. I would really love to be able to just crate her and take her out to go potty. My day job does not allow for that flexibility. My other dog trained in one week this way. Two accidents in the crate and done. She holds it all day long. I am half tempted to do the same except for my fear that she is not capable of holding it the entire day. It sure would make training easier though. It would be a complete understanding. - kath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid
Sounds like you are doing quite well at this point in time. As I said I am open to suggestions but that was my general game plan for the moment. I would say I am a good 3-4 months from adopting a Yorkie so I'm sure mine isn't born just yet!

By the way, I wish I had a kitchen where I cold fit 2 people width-wise he he he
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!