View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
daisymae2012
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2run View Post
My yorkie had 1 pup Nov.1. After reading several articles on singletons,
I would like to get some feedback from other owners who have had only 1 puppy. I have read these pups have a hard time with their tolerance levels and would like to know if anyone has experienced this with their singleton. Also do the pups weight slow down as I am afraid my pup is gaining too quickly. He weighed 5.5 oz the first week and now weighs 14 oz. today day 9. I have many concerns as this is my dogs first litter.

Hi, welcome to YT! I am not a breeder, but my Daisy was the only puppy in her litter and I have often thought that she is a brat child b/c she had no brothers or sisters to put her in her place!! haha She is a very sweet dog and I would not trade her for anything in the world, but she has a mind of her own and she does not like other dogs at all! We have a golden retriever and she goes crazy barking even if she sees me petting her. I have tried almost everything to break her from being like this, but although she is a little better than she used to be, I don't think she will ever accept other dogs. I think it is a good idea to put stuffed animals in with yours and try socializing him as soon as he is big enough to your 2.5 lb. dog.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!