Thread: Morkie
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #60
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Where was that said? I certainly missed it if it was... Unless it was waaaay back at the beginning of the thread and I am missing it. All dogs deserve the same amount of love and spoiling, don't they?

TOTALLY AGREE. No one is saying the mixes are bad - we all just worry about BYBs and PuppyMills, which as as big of a concern for mixes as for purebreds! I love my little Yorkie mix - but do not consider 'Morkie' a breed as it is not recognized as such. Like all dogs, this mix comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and its pretty ambiguous how your baby will turn out - even if she or he is a great dog!

This isn't an insult, just a fact. And if you go back through the thread and read about my precious baby's history and her rescue, you will see why so many people are wary of 'designer mixes' - they often are produced for profit and without the safety and health of the dogs in mind.

I think the point is that everyone here LOVES dogs and hates the notion that some could be suffering for our superficial whims and desires.

That said, there is no reason why someone couldn't responsibly be breeding healthy mixes from wonderful parents...its just that most breeders and breed fanciers spend so much time and energy improving their breed, mixing is counter-intuitive!

Like I said before, I hope some responsible breeders start doing some mixing so that we can breed out genetic illnesses so prevelant in purebreds!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!