View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

LOL.

My ex felt that way - but watch the poor things shiver when exposed to the cold vs bigger, hairier dogs whose thick coats and muscle mass keep them nice and toasty.

Men seem to be anti dressing up dogs...I don't understand. Its not like I am trying to put a coat on a German Shepherd!

These are little dogs! They would not survive the elements if left in the cold! Humans bred these dogs down in size, creating a breed that is pretty vulnerable without our help!

Explain to him that Yorkies have 'hair' not fur' It basically keeps them as warm as the top of our heads with no hat in the winter...plus being so tiny, it takes a great deal of energy to keep warm. And, naked, if its snowing or raining, their bellies get wet and freezing!

And tell him that if he wants your furkid outside with no clothes, he is banned from wearing a winter hat and gloves. He should be able to tough it out, if your Yorkie has too! LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!