View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

No, he wont get used to it.

My vet told me that small breeds, like Yorkies (mine is a Yorkie mix) just do not have the body mass to deal with cold temperatures.

So now, my vet basically legitimized me shopping for and clothing my pup! LOL

I have a puffy coat for her for the real cold, but mostly just put her in hoodies or sweaters. Plenty of YT people have stores on here and custom make cute clothes at great prices for our lil pups. You can see the list of stores in the 'product review' section.

I also layer - long sleeved t's with hoodies or a jacket...its like having a baby to play dress up with!

When its cold and wet, they should go, do their business and come right in and make sure you towel off and blowdry wet paws and legs. Make sure your baby doesn't step in antifreeze or salt to keep the ice away - both are toxic and the salt can burn delicate paw pads. For that, they sell disposable little rubber socks, if you aren't into buying shoes. I am not a 'dog shoe' person right now, but I may be a convert! Its our first winter up north!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!