Thread: sneezing
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
daniellealberta
Senior Yorkie Talker

I just went through this with Spike, albeit not immediately after his vaccinations. I went out of town, so Spike was at his "Pet Motel" for three nights. A few days after I picked him up, he started sneezing, about a week went by, and although he didn't really have any other symptoms, the sneezing got worse, and he started to seem tired. Because he wasn't getting any better, I took him to the vet, who said that it could be one of several upper respiratory infections, kennel cough being the most likely, but only a minor case, because Spike has been vaccinated against it since he was a pup (he is now two years old). Since she didn't know exactly what the infection was, and because Spike didn't have any sign of fever and no other symptoms, she decided not to prescibe any antibiotics, but said that if he didn't get any better in the next couple of days, she would give him a prescription.

A couple of days went by, and he got better on his own. Now he's completely back to normal.

Most vaccinations have a list of side effects. If your dog just got her shots, then I would give the vet a call and see if sneezing is one of them. Also, keep an eye on her for any other symptoms. Coughing, fever, lethargy, lack of interest in food or water, or abnormal urine or stools could indicate a bigger problem.

Good luck!

Last edited by daniellealberta; 11-10-2008 at 07:48 AM.
daniellealberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!