View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
imperfectlyblue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Dog Dog sick on canidae?

My baby Peanut is 1 year old. Last weekend, we stayed overnight in a hotel and had some friends watch her. On Saturday, when we got her back, she was very ill. She had bright orange completely liquid diarrhea and vomiting. She improved within a couple days. Then, on Thursday she vomited again and had diarrhea. Friday she ate, but much later that evening she puked up her breakfast. Since then, she hasn't been able to keep much down and I have been giving her small amounts of water to keep her hydrated. She has vomited some of the water up, and when I did the rice and chicken bland food yesterday, she puked it up an hour later -- a very small amount was given.

I was on the phone with the vet all weekend, and he was monitoring her. I did give her some pepto which seemed to help. Also, she apparently ate a lot of grass on Friday too because she had grass and dandelion leaves in her diarrhea.

Jump to today, I took the day off work and have been doing some research online. I look and find out that her food, Canidae, has recently reformulated their foods and that there are other dogs ill from this. I bought her food on October 18, and I am sure now that it was the new formula. It outrages me that Canidae is being made in the same factory as Diamond products. How can they be sure it's quality controlled? I am just scared/worried and I wonder if the food is the reason. Any input???

I am looking into switching to Evangers and will talk to my vet today when I go in for our 11am appointment. My poor baby! She is SO hungry but whenever I feed her it comes right back up.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!