View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
ReesMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. She knows very well to go outside! I continually tell her to "go potty" while outside, and she sniffs around until she finds a good spot. I have 2 other dogs that I've never had problems with. They even ask to go out, Reese doesn't ask. And the potty pads in my apartment were because I couldn't always make it home to take her out during the day. I've always taken them outside when I could.

So, she either saves some for inside, fakes peeing outside completely, or her bladder is too small to hold her pee. She's 3 pounds, but I'd still expect her to be able to hold it for at least a few hours. She holds it all night!

We're starting from step one, as if she were a new puppy. She's in her crate if she's not in our laps. She only leaves her crate to go outside and eat. If she pees outside, then she can have a liver treat and come in and have 5 - 15 minutes of free, supervised play time. If she doesn't pee, then it's right back in the crate and try again in an hour. I'm lucky since I've gone back to college and can be home most of the day to do all this!!

We have beige carpet as well, and it's so hard to see anything!! By the time I realize a room has become "dog toilet" it's because I can smell it and it's too late!!

We bought a little hand held black light to go over the carpet.... the HORROR!!!!!
ReesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!