View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
SillyStrawberry
Senior Yorkie Talker

What I do is take away her big water dish after 6pm. If she asks for some I will give a little taste, but not leave a huge bowl out, cause she guzzles it. Then at night I put it in her crate with her...but I think she has learnt that she has to be in there for a long time and she cuts herself off.

It sounds like you should just stick with the kenneling. I am sure with time and persistance Lestate will learn to enjoy his quiet time too. For me...it was a hard few weeks when she was being so stubborn but it paid off. I just told her to be quiet and she eventually got the idea that I was boss. Now she does well and I am sleeping better too.

Strawb has never soiled any of my furniture or my bed. For me what worked well for housetraining was letting her have freedom in return for not doing business in my bedroom. She had a big pen in my room(the room I spend the most time in at home) that I put her in when she was 3 months old to contain her, but she hated being apart from me so when she had an accident she spent more time in there because I couldn't trust her...when she had only gone outside I let her have freedom. It didn't take her long to figure out that momma doesn't like accidents and that she could have freedom if she asked to go out. She is almost 5 months old and she hasn't had an accident at home in 3 weeks and at work she hasn't had one in 2 weeks(and it was my fault for not letting her out when she asked)! The pen has been removed and it makes both our lives much more pleasant. I hated listening to her beg to be let out.

I wish you good luck. I am sure you will find that Lestate will get better and better. It seemed like Strawb wasn't learning, and then BAM! She got it! Same with the kennel thing! She was a pain in the butt for a week or so and then I guess the message got to her and she got it! Fingers crossed!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!