View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
caitriona
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyStrawberry View Post
I say 'stick with it'! It has only been two weeks. I don't know what your lifestyle is like, but for me I may travel from time to time and either take Strawberry with me or leave her with my parents.
I actually Don't work, I'm a stay at home wife for right now and i have oodles and oodles of time all day for Lestat and i feel that when i go to bed to sleep that should be my time not his, I don't mind getting up once during the night to take him out but not every hour on the hour after that.

I will also go ahead and cut off his water right before i put him to bed, he has had a water bottle attached to his crate up to this point but i think i'm going to remove it and replace it with a water bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyStrawberry View Post
I have had my Strawberry for almost 2 months and she hated her kennel at first, then a few days in she was so good and sleep for nice long periods and only woke me to go outside. Then about a month in she started making a fuss when I put her to bed at night and would cry to be let out every hour. I thought she had to go, but the little poop had just realized that when she cried I took her outside. So she was crying wolf! Or Yorkie! Hahaha! Um...but I stuck with it and put her in and I knew she could hold it for 6 hours for sure so I would ignore any crying she did inbetween and now she is a gem again.
I think thats what he is doing as well, especially since i know he can hold it, i'm going to try covering his crate with a blanket to see if that will help, i just don't think i can let him sleep on the bed because a couple of times he eliminated while on furniture and i'm not sure i can trust him yet. Not to mention with me and my husband there is really not enough room for him on the bed. I'm afraid i may crush him, he is also very small and i'm afraid he will fall off.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!