View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
SillyStrawberry
Senior Yorkie Talker

I say 'stick with it'! It has only been two weeks. I don't know what your lifestyle is like, but for me I may travel from time to time and either take Strawberry with me or leave her with my parents. In both cases she would need to spend time in her kennel and I want her to be used to it as a safe, fun place. If you never plan to put Lestate in a kennel after her is potty trained then perhaps letting him sleep in bed with you is a good idea. I sure would love for my Strawberry to sleep with me! I give her plenty of cuddle time before bed and in the morning...plus she isn't left alone all day (she comes to work with me) so the kennel at night doesn't seem too much to ask of her! Haha! Everyone needs a bit of alone time.

I have had my Strawberry for almost 2 months and she hated her kennel at first, then a few days in she was so good and sleep for nice long periods and only woke me to go outside. Then about a month in she started making a fuss when I put her to bed at night and would cry to be let out every hour. I thought she had to go, but the little poop had just realized that when she cried I took her outside. So she was crying wolf! Or Yorkie! Hahaha! Um...but I stuck with it and put her in and I knew she could hold it for 6 hours for sure so I would ignore any crying she did inbetween and now she is a gem again. She still would prefer to sleep with me, but I let her fall asleep with me and then right when I am going to go to bed, I put her in her kennel and partially cover it with a blanket so it is nice and dark for her and she settles right in. She is going from 11-6 or 6:30 everynight and if I am lucky like today she slept till 7:30 before waking me up. I let her out in the morning to do her business and then she runs back up into my bed and we go back to sleep for an hour or so when time permits! She is a good girl and let's Momma sleep! Haha!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!